Legal Assistant – Medical Records Specialist
Are you known for your keen eye for detail and remarkable memory? Are you self-motivated and excel at managing documentation? If so, we might be the perfect fit.
We’re looking for a Medical Records Specialist to join our team. We’re a personal injury law firm and we help people get their lives back after they’ve been hurt. Protecting our clients is our top priority and every person on the team plays an important role in doing just that. How do you fit in? As a Medical Records Specialist, you will be a critical part of ensuring the smooth flow of medical information within our practice.
What you will be doing.
- Owning the process of obtaining medical billing and records for our clients.
- Utilizing services like ScanSTAT, CIOX and ChartSwap to ensure the timely receipt of records.
- Creating a systematic tracking system to monitor and manage all outstanding inquiries.
- Proactively following up on all pending medical bills and records.
- Creating reports that document treatment timeline, medical providers and associated charges .
- Compiling and maintaining client medical treatment history.
- Adhering to strict HIPAA rules and guidelines to safeguard the confidentiality of our clients.
- Conducting thorough reviews of medical records and health insurance claim ledgers to identify any additional medical providers involved in the treatment process.
What qualifications you need.
- You need to have strong attention to detail and a great memory.
- You need to know your way around the MS Office Suite of programs.
- You need to handle all confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- You need to be a great communicator with a positive attitude.
- You need to be a team player and work collaboratively.
- You should be a self-starter and work well without direct supervision.
- It helps if you’re a pro at Adobe Acrobat or similar PDF editing software.
- It helps if you have 2 years of experience in a similar role.
What you can expect from us.
- Good pay. We value your time and experience, and our pay structure proves it.
- Great benefits. We offer health, dental, and vision, plus retirement options and life insurance.
- Generous PTO program + VTO (Volunteer time off). Taking time to recharge is important.
- Flexibility. We promote a hybrid work environment to maximize productivity and job satisfaction.
- A strong team. We support and empower each other inside and outside of the workplace.
- Meaningful work. We help our clients recover from difficult injuries, building relationships in the process.
- Opportunities for growth. We want you to build a career with us.
- Focus on community. We believe in giving back and paying it forward.
- Professional development. We invest in growing your knowledge and skills.
Interested? Apply today by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org describing why you think you are a great fit for our team. Before applying, we encourage you to read through our core values!
Onward Injury Law is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply.